As my children grow older they are growing into their own selves and getting their own personality traits. They now make more decisions about what they like and don’t like especially when it comes to having fun. My oldest son is a Yo Gabba Gabba fan, he’s been since he was a baby. Last year however he slowly started to watch and enjoy Toy Story. I think he probably own at least 50 Toy Story related toys, probably more. He’s constant we always know what he likes and what will make his day. My daughter on the other hand just doesn’t know what she likes exactly, some days it’s princesses and others it’s books or painting. What they both enjoy is making crafts. I am not a Martha Stewart kind of mom, as much as I wish I could channel her crafty side I just can not, so I love craft kits like the ones created by Green Kid Crafts.
When the kit arrived there were three different crafts and a snack, the kids of course was bickering over who would get the snack and we decided to share so they both would be happy. When my daughter saw the kit for the seeds she wanted to do it right away. It had two cups for growing the seeds, one for sprouts and one for herbs.
We loved planting the seeds and they kids were excited to watch them grow, however I don’t think we have green thumbs because they both died before they fully grew. We were really sad but now the kids do want to try again and the kit was their first exposure with growing seeds.
The coaster was my daughter’s favorite she grabbed it from the start. I was even surprised the did it all by herself. She ended up gifting it to her aunt for her birthday. It was a very creative and original gift and she was proud to say she made it all by herself. It made her feel so independent.
The fishing game I made with my sons. They liked fishing inside and we also practiced their colors as well. We even had a contest to see who could catch the most fish. My oldest son won (we let him win). It was lots of fun and kept them active for hours.
We really enjoyed the kit from Green Kid Crafts and it was even better that it was a eco-friendly kit. It really brought out their creative sides and helped us with talking to our kids about being green and caring for their environment. The kits had other activities and ideas to keep the fun going on after you made the crafts. I can get behind anything that makes it easier for me to spend time with my children and not have to do the work connected to finding and creating the content for the craft. This is great for any family, not just families that are going green or living green lifestyles. Or get it as a gift for a family you know will love and appreciate it.
About Green Kid Crafts and our Earth Friendly Subscription Program
- Green Kid Crafts delights kids and their parents with fun, creative and earth-friendly craft activities, delivered right to their door! Every month’s Discovery Box is packed with three unique and engaging activity kits designed to foster a child’s creativity and confidence while developing their respect and love for the environment.
- Appropriate for ages 3-8, our projects are reviewed by experts to align with our Happy & Healthy Child principles, and kid tested and parent approved for fun.
- Each month brings a new theme relating to nature or the environment; past themes have included I Love Bugs, Outer Space, and Feathered Friends.
- In addition to the materials and instructions for the three craft activities, each Discovery Box includes a Discover More guide which provides more craft ideas using materials found around the house, related reading and other fun facts all related to that month’s theme.
- Green Kid Crafts is a mom-owned, green company that uses only safe, natural and sustainable materials. Founded by Penny Bauder, a mom of two and an environmental activist from Alaska, Green Kid Crafts is certified carbon neutral, Green America Approved, a member of 1% for the Planet, and has won numerous awards and designations for its responsible business practices. You can also read more about our “eco ingredients” online.
- Subscriptions are available in month-to-month, 3, 6 and 12 month durations, and also make great gifts! The monthly subscription cost is $19.50 and includes shipping. Order at www.greenkidcrafts.com.
- Like and follow Green Kid Crafts for great crafting, green living, and balanced parenting ideas, as well as special contests and promotions! www.facebook.com/greenkidcrafts; www.twitter.com/GreenKidCrafts; www.pinterest.com/GreenKidCrafts
Disclosure: I was provided a kit to review, any opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.